Bettermoo(d) partners with Bryan Adams to promote the plant-based non-dairy revolution
Musician Bryan Adams, has teamed up with bettermoo(d), a Vancouver-based dairy-alternative start-up, to promote their plant-based brand and motivate for transformative change in the global food system.
Adams has been championing the values of a plant-based diet for over three decades and through his collaboration with bettermoo(d), hopes the brand will increase awareness on how conscious product choices can effectively better individual health and the world in which we live.
“Fostering responsible eating habits, such as choosing plant-based dairy alternatives, is something that we can all do to help lessen animal cruelty and help our environment,” said Adams. “I’m excited to be invited to be a founding member of bettermoo(d) for those reasons.”
There are around 2.3 million vegetarians and 850,000 vegans in Canada, with the majority located in British Columbia, according to Statistics Canada. More than 40% of the country’s population also say they are actively trying to incorporate plant-based foods into their diets.
In response to the growing interest in vegetarian, vegan, and flexitarian lifestyles, bettermoo(d) is developing a line of alternative-to-dairy products that encompasses the full spectrum of traditional dairy products and emulates their flavour and texture. The Company’s first product Moodrink, a plant-based milk alternative, is expected to launch across Canada in winter 2021/2022. bettermoo(d) has plans to further develop its product line and introduce additional dairy alternatives in the next 12 to 18 months.
“Being plant-based isn’t just a trend – it’s about making better choices,” said Nima Bahrami, CEO of bettermoo(d). “By creating great-tasting alternative dairy products, made from sustainably-sourced quality ingredients, we will make it easier for consumers to make these better choices.”
Driven by the motto, “What A Cow Eats and A Human Needs,” bettermoo(d) is a purpose driven plant-based, alternative dairy brand based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Inspired by rich and creamy milks and cheeses from the Alps regions of Europe, bettermoo(d) dairy alternatives are infused with a proprietary blend of herbs, similar to those eaten by pasture-raised cows in these regions, prior to the introduction of mass factory farming of cows for milk. Launching winter 2021/2022, bettermoo(d)’s first product, Moodrink, will be available for purchase across Canada.
What Is bettermoo(d):
- bettermoo(d) is a plant-based, alternative dairy brand located in Vancouver, BC.
- Following the launch of our first product, Moodrink, a delicious alternative to cow’s milk, we will introduce Moogurt (yogurt) and Better (butter).
- We are also actively working to bring plant-based dairy alternatives including cheese, ice cream, sour cream, and crème fraiche to market.
- All of our products are manufactured in Canada.
How Is bettermoo(d) Different:
- Our products are formulated to match the flavor and texture profile of the best tasting dairy products in the world – the Alps regions in France, Switzerland and Austria
- bettermoo(d) is at the forefront of innovation in the plant-based dairy sector. Unlike other plant-based dairy brands, we’ve recreated the delicious taste that makes it hard to say goodbye to traditional dairy products.
- After countless hours of research and conversations with several farmers, we concluded that what cows eat, and where they live greatly influences the taste of the milk.
- Our proprietary formula is meant to emulate the creamy, rich dairy products from pasture-raised cows in the Swiss Alps, and is infused with herbs, healthy plant fats and vitamins so you don’t have to miss out on any of the flavor.
- Moodrink, is gluten free, lactose and dairy free, and suitable for those who cannot or choose not to consume dairy. Our oats are certified gluten free. All of our ingredients, vitamins, and herbs are plant and mineral based and suitable for those following a vegan diet.
- Moodrink is made from a proprietary blend of herbs blended with gluten-free, non-GMO oats to produce a smooth, creamy, and low in sugar dairy alternative for baking, cooking, cocktails, coffee, or any other milk application.
- We use no preservatives in our product. Moodrink is shelf stable due to being packaged in aseptic packaging that allows the product to have a longer shelf life at room temperature.
- While Moodrink contains oats, our other products will contain different plant-based ingredients. The defining feature of bettermoo(d) is our proprietary herbal blend that will be infused in all of our products, and will give them that rich, creamy, bettermoo(d) flavor
Click here for more info and product availability.
About the Author
Bryen Dunn is a freelance journalist based in Toronto with a focus on tourism, lifestyle, entertainment and community issues. He has written several travel articles and has an extensive portfolio of celebrity interviews with musicians, actors and other public personalities. He’s willing to take on any assignments of interest, attend parties with free booze, listen to rants, and travel the world in search of the great unknown. He’s eager to discover the new, remember the past, and look into the future.