Stiges (Gay) Carnival, Catalonia’s hottest winter party! – February 6 to 14, 2018
Sitges Carnival is one of the world’s top 10 carnivals and attracts more than 250,000 people to Sitges over 7 days with amazing parades, shows and parties. Sitges Carnival 2018 takes place from February 6th to 14th, 2018. Stiges is located about 35 kilometres southwest of Barcelona, in Catalonia.
The Sitges Gay Carnival takes place four days before the regular Sitges Carnival begins. Jam packed with events that includes La noche rosa, Pink night, Noche de las Mantillas – where people wear traditional Spanish outfits normally worn at weddings and funerals, Noche de las touristas, – the tourist night, and finally the Noce de las Viudas, or the Widows night
The two main parades should not be missed.
- Sun 11th February – 7.30pm
- Tue 13th February – 9pm
On the most popular days you will find thousands of partygoers dancing on the major streets across the town. The busy months of July and August look positively dead! Gay boys and girls from the 4 corners of the world descend on our little town and party the week away!
Thursday February 8th, 2018
- The Arrival of the King and Queen – 8 pm at La Fragata for a new spectacular opening show, parade leaves from Fragata to Psg Ribera, Sant Pau, Parellades, Cap de la Vila, Calle Mayor and Plz Ajuntament.
Friday February 9th, 2018
- 19.00 to 23.00 – The Venetian Gala Ball at Palau Maricel. – dress code gala/Venetian
Saturday February 10th, 2018
- 12.00h – The annual Crazy Bed Race, which takes the following route:
Casino Prado, Francesc Gumà, Jesús, Cap de la Vila, Parellades, Sant Pau, Passeig de la Ribera, Sant Pere, Parellades, Mrq de Mont Roig, Psg Ribera.
Sunday February 11th, 2018
- 7.30pm – “Disbauxa” Parade Défilé de la Disbauxa (Rua de la Disbauxa)Takes the following route! Leaves from Av Sofia (between Hotel Cailipolis & Av Sofia Hotel), Psg Ribera, Plz Fragata, Psg Ribera, Bassa Rodona, Espalter, San Francesc, Cap De La Vila.
Tuesday February 13th, 2018
- 9.00pm – “Extermination” Parade Défilé de l’Extermini (Rua de l’Extermini) – “Disbauxa” Parade Défilé de la Disbauxa (Rua de la Disbauxa)Takes the following route! Leaves from Av Sofia (between Hotel Cailipolis & Av Sofia Hotel), Psg Ribera, Plz Fragata, Psg Ribera, Bassa Rodona,Espalter, San Francesc, Cap De La Vila.
Wednesday February 14th, 2018
- 6pm – The Burial of the KingTaking the following route – from the council offices, to Major, Cap de la Vila, Parellades, Mrq de M.Roig, 1’er de Mayo, i Passeig de la Ribera hasta la playa de La Fragata
Book your accommodations now.
About the Author
Bryen Dunn is a freelance journalist based in Toronto with a focus on tourism, lifestyle, entertainment and community issues. He has written several travel articles and has an extensive portfolio of celebrity interviews with musicians, actors and other public personalities. He’s willing to take on any assignments of interest, attend parties with free booze, listen to rants, and travel the world in search of the great unknown. He’s eager to discover the new, remember the past, and look into the future.