Swanwick blue light blocking sunglasses provide a more restful sleep
Australian brothers James and Tristan Swanwick co-founded Swanwick after a lengthy battle with sleepless nights. They tried everything from herbal remedies and sleeping tablets, changed their diets, and overhauled their lifestyles before coming across information on blue light. They did some research and discovered that blue light from using electronics at night suppresses melatonin production, which happens to be the body’s natural process to prepare for sleep.
James tried wearing his ski goggles before bedtime and found the orange-tinted lenses worked like a charm. They designed prototype orange lens glasses and put them through an extensive testing process. The results exceeded expectations. They went from relentless tossing and turning to having the best night sleep they’d had in months.
Although they reduced excessive blue light and James’s sleep improved, they didn’t block 100% of the blue light, and they were slightly less than fashionable. James teamed up with his brother Tristan and together they embarked on a journey of innovation. Their dedication resulted in a pair of stylish yet effective blue light blocking glasses. The result was the Swannies Blue Light Blocking Glasses to help people across the world improve their sleep quality and live more fulfilling lives. SleepScore Labs conducted an independent product validation study of the Night Swannies, and the results were confirmed: Swannies help people sleep better.
Off the success of this flagship product, they developed and released the Classic Day Swannies. They turned out a total success, and now customers often buy both. Compare the difference between the two here. They’ve since expanded their product offerings to include sunglasses for kids, fitover sunglasses for your regular prescription glasses, nightlights, earplugs, and more.
- Night Swannies Orange-tinted lenses block over 99% of blue light between 400-500nm (as tested by a third-party laboratory including Harvard Business Review)
- Wearing your Night Swannies continuously 2-3 hours before bed will help you slip comfortably and easily into a deep and restorative sleep
- From Classic to Aviator there is a frame to suit every style. Acetate frames and spring hinges provide durability.
- Sizes: Small, Regular, Large
- Protection against the most harmful blue light wavelengths between 400-450nm.
- Diminish symptoms of digital eye strain and computer vision syndrome.
- Allows access to natural levels of blue light needed for optimal productivity during the day.
- Henley Sunnies are fashioned in a versatile sunglasses style, providing ample coverage that suits any face.
- Each pair features blue light blocking technology to keep harmful blue rays at bay, along with stellar UVA/UVB ray protection. With added polarization for exceptional glare protection.
Fitover Night Swannies
- Designed with precise standards so you always get a secure, comfortable fit over the top of your existing prescription glasses.
- For those who already wear glasses, these fitover blue light blockers easily slip over and attach to your existing frames, providing you protection from harmful blue light spectrums before bedtime.
- Is bedtime a struggle with your child? Blue light from phones, tablets, and tv may be the culprit
- Just for kids! Created for young children who are especially sensitive to the effects of blue light
- Colors: Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple
Better Nights Anti-Blue LED Night Light
- Better Nights Anti-Blue LED Night Light is a direct plug-in, set-and-forget automatic night light that supports your sleep and reduces your exposure to blue light
Sound Blocking Ear Plugs
- Reusable, moldable silicone ear plugs allow you to achieve total silence for a sound sleep.
- Earplugs are the most portable, versatile tool you can have for creating an optimal sleep environment any time, any place.
- 100% Silicone, 3 pairs per case
Swannies continue to be regarded as the gold standard in blue blockers, and the most fashionable, allowing people to feel comfortable wearing them not only for protection but as a fashion accessory.
Find our more about the benefits of blue light here and the science behind the technology here. Shop the full product selection here.
About the Author
Bryen Dunn is a freelance journalist based in Toronto with a focus on tourism, lifestyle, entertainment and community issues. He has written several travel articles and has an extensive portfolio of celebrity interviews with musicians, actors and other public personalities. He’s willing to take on any assignments of interest, attend parties with free booze, listen to rants, and travel the world in search of the great unknown. He’s eager to discover the new, remember the past, and look into the future.